Sunday, October 2, 2011

Peggy's Grill - Pearl River, NY

A co-worker at my office had told me and another friend about this new restaurant that opened locally called Peggy's Grill in Pearl River.  There had been another tavern style restaurant there prior, but I never visted. 

This co-worker said that the burgers were good and the place was reasonable.  My friend and I were going to try it before she went for surgery, but unfortuantely, we never got around to trying it.

Well today, we were on our way home from a school open house for my daughter and we decided to try it.  I thought it was going to be a regular sit down and waitress will serve you type of place.  It wasn't, it was the "walk up to the counter and order your food" type of place.  I thought it was strictly burgers, but surprise, it is actually Greek food.  My family and I love Greek food.

We all ordered the Gyro platter, it came with a pile of garlicky gyro meat, fresh lettuce, tomatoes, onions, a crispy pita and instead of french fries we ordered the roasted potatoes.  The potatoes were soft and buttery and a wonderful compliment to the meat.  Their tzazki sauce, was creamy with a great hint of garlic and cucumbers.  Normally, there's only a smidgen of sauce with the gyro, but Peggy's gives a generous amount on the side so that you can use as much as you like.  My husband used all of his, my daughter only used a teeny tiny amount. 

You order the food with a very friendly lady at the front counter, grab a table and  she brings it to the table went the food is ready.  The food comes out hot and fresh.  The only concern is, that I am not particularly fond of eating my food with plastic utensils.  On occasion it's ok, mostly when your at a picnic or barbeque, but not necessarily to eat in at a restaurant.  

The restaurant is clean and airy and the bathrooms are spotless and handicapped accessible.

For 3 people, we order:

3 Gyro platters with roasted potatoes
1 small greek salad
2 bottles of water
1 Diet Snapple

Total cost:  $32.65 which averages $10.89 per person- This is moderately priced.
Overall, this was a pleasant experience and we would go again.  Since it's on the way home from work, I see us getting Peggy's for take-out
This restaurant gets  3 spoons -   

No comments:

Post a Comment